..…back on this very day, S and I got engaged officially 🙂 It doesn’t even feel like a long time ago, everything is very fresh in my memory and its kind of hard to believe its our third engagement anniversary today.
On this day,
* I felt my heart palpitating as hard as it could as I entered the function hall filled with people, awaiting me.
* I felt blood flowing through my entire body, looking at S all dressed for the evening.
* I felt rushed up and violated, having to drape my silk saree infront of three strangers for the first time in my life, in a room that wouldn’t even close properly.
* I felt butterflies fluttering in my stomach, sitting next to S though not for the first time.
* I felt overwhelmed when our parents were exchanging thaambolam thattu
* I felt a little irritated when S wouldn’t properly insert the engagement ring into my finger and start posing for the pictures.
* I felt a little disappointed not finding the sister anywhere near the engagement scene for a long long time, not knowing she had that many last minute errands to run for the function to go on smoothly.
* I felt blessed looking at all the happy faces that had gathered for us, of course I am referring to our friends.
* I felt exhausted carrying that very huge garland that the S’s family had brought.
* I felt my stomach growling out loud, for I was too nervous to eat anything before the ceremony, not knowing we would be the last to dine that evening.
* I felt shy having to blow the candles and cut the cake all by myself infront of all those people, not to mention feeding it to S for the first time and many times after that, for photos.
* I felt relieved when someone finally took away those garlands, and cleaned my face from all the chandan and kumkum that was smeared all over.
* I felt my cheeks hurt from all the smiling I did throughout the evening.
* I felt blushed when S secretly told me how beautiful I was looking.
* I felt thankful when we were finally called for the dinner.
* I felt a lot irritated when S fed me a piece of roti when I fed him my Jamun (You know, he repeated that in the wedding too!)
* I felt peaceful coming back home happy, from a function that went very well inspite of a lot of initial hiccups.
Here we are after three years and this day is very special to both S and I. It was the start of our beautiful journey together – the first step of our dream coming true.