Yes! Yes! Yes! I got awarded recently, not once but twice people 😀 SnS who
has had this super awesome blog nominated me for the Leibster Blog award. I was super excited and all that, receiving a virtual award after a long time but then, taking it up took a back seat – after knowing that I wouldn’t be able to read her awesome blog anymore. Just when I had totally forgotten about it, TPPL – the tastiest tandoori pani puri of blog world nominated me again. Now how can I not post about this award, after being nominated twice? So here we are. Thank you SnS and TPPL 🙂
As is with any award, this comes with a set of rules too.
Rule 1: Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
Duly done above 🙂
Rule 2: Answer 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
Thankfully, both SnS and TPPL had the same set of questions 🙂
1. What does your name mean? – My blog-name is just a creative handle inspired from some of my childhood conversations with my sis. I don’t think words can properly justify why I chose greenboochi. I have a whole post on my real name. A lot of confusions around it. But its basically a Goddess’s name, who is powerful and yet beautiful and elegant.
2. What are your hobbies? -A lot to list – cooking, painting, sketching, pot painting, clay modelling, creating best out of waste, knitting, sewing, embroidering, reading, writing and many more. Cooking is the one I continue to do day in and day out. Paints inspire me, so does the pencils. I have a whole shelf in my cupboard dedicated to my art supplies. I am not spending enough time on them right now – whats with the super cold climate over here and paints taking forever to dry on the canvas.
3. According to you, what was the driving force that let you into the blogging world?– Blogs. Two years back, I stumbled upon few blogs that inspired me to start my own blog. I have always liked maintaining a journal, but writing it every day was impossible. If something can break my monotony of work and as well be a log of my daily activities, why shouldn’t I do was my thought.
4. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received and savored?– Everytime someone compliments my food/art, I get overwhelmed. The most recent one was by S for my idli/vadacurry.
5. What are the top three qualities that draw you to someone new? – Smile, Honestly and Humbleness.
6. If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be?– My short temper. I tend to lose it at all wrong times, and then my tongue takes over me followed by a major guilt trip. I have been working on being calm– for so long now. Sigh.
7. What was the best news you ever received? – There are a lot. Some of them being – Bro’s wedding getting fixed and S’s positive turn with his venture. But the best-est thing that happened very recently being – fixing a make-shift TV and getting DTH worked again, watching television after 3 months.
8. If you could hold on to just one memory from your life forever, what would that be? – Sunday afternoon. Lunchtime. Amma’s veg biriyani. All four of us – Amma, Nanna, sister and me sitting down in a circle. Watching our black &white TV. No not actually watching it. Its just an additional noise to all our loud happy talking. Enjoying our time like there is no tomorrow. I would give anything to go back to those beautiful times. Its still not very different when all of us are together, but seems like everything has changed.
9. What’s your favorite dessert? – I am such a sweet toothed person, I cant tell you. Give me anything sweet, I can enjoy it – even plain white sugar 🙂
10. What are the top three things on your bucket list? –
- Moving back to Chennai, being close to my roots – my dream.
- Taking a vacation with S – which sadly is not going to happen anytime soon.
- Having a week to myself at my home (my parents place) with no other commitments – not likely again.
Rule 3: Nominate up to 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
Now this award has been doing rounds in the blog world and everyone I know have done this already. So I am going to give it a skip 🙂
Thanks again SnS and TPPL 🙂