I would be lying if I say I am back to my cheery self, but I am slowly getting there. I am what I am today because of all the lovely people I have met in this blogging world. I am deeply touched by the care you all have shown towards me virtually, through emails and comments. When I lost the focus and felt weak, its your comments and mails that brought strength to me, gave me assurance that whatever happened was for good and that everything will be alright soon. Thanks for being there guys!
Though things werent really good in the last ten days, there were enough reasons for me to smile and feel good about. Here are a few from the top of mind 🙂
- MIL packing an extra dabba of rice for me while coming back to B’lore just in case if I get hungry. She thought I didnt notice her taking the dabbas out to squeeze in some more rice. 🙂
- The genuine concern in her voice when she offered me to take a dabba full of dosa batter with me, knowing I would be too tired to make some myself. 🙂
- The squeal dad gave out every time I pulled his cheeks out just because I found him cute. He ran away from me every time I went close to him. Sometimes he would dodge somewhere and call out me, teasing me for letting him escape. 🙂
- The number of veggies amma had chopped and stored in the refrigerator, not wanting to miss a minute spending with us. 🙂
- The late night table reservation we made, to celebrate BIL’s promotion and my 5-year work anniversary knowing each of us had to reach the destination on time from different directions. The look on everyone’s face after having finally met at the reserved table was priceless! The creamy, tasty desserts that we had at almost midnight – with parents looking at us in disbelief. 🙂
- The heavily packed dabba of vegetable biryani (prepared for me) sent by MIL to my parents place, knowing there was a sudden change in my plan and I wouldnt visit her until next day. 🙂
- The happiness in SILs’ faces, for getting them new gold earrings and for shopping silly stuff on the way back home. 🙂
- The long car journey to and from Bangalore, giving me ample time to bond over with S. I poured my heart out and as usual S ended up listening patiently. 🙂
- The unexpected excellence award from a stakeholder to me, which was the talk of the team this week and had gone up to the management. 🙂
- The 5-year service completion award that was handed over to me in front of all my team members who were clapping for me. 🙂
- Atleast two people telling me that I look different and lost weight everyday. 🙂 (I still dont understand why people have to touch on the weight (lost or gained) every time before talking about anything else)
- Having been able to fit into a jean and a top that was last worn exactly two years before! 🙂
- Going to sleep not knowing the light is still on and the book is still in my hands, only to get up smiling in the middle of night. 🙂
Its Friday and I cant wait to enjoy the weekend already!! Life isnt that bad afterall!