Does any of you get this kind of a sudden urge to cook something nice and treat yourself? I do get it sometimes and that’s when recipes like these come in handy. If you happen to love potatoes and cheese as much as I do, you would treasure this recipe I am sure. It all started on a dull boring afternoon where S and I had nothing better to do. While S was asking me to make Payasam (Kheer), I pushed that idea to the back of my head and kept dreaming about creamy potatoes with cheese. Within nano seconds, I was in Kitchen rolling over dishes leaving S to think that his awesome wife is making Payasam for him. When he peeped in to look at what I was doing, he definitely was disappointed but what can be done? Payasam can wait no?! Within next 40mins, I had the Jacket Potatoes calling out to me to try them. Inspite of the fact that S was still taking pictures, and the potatoes were too hot I couldnt resist myself and enjoyed them every bit. Asking about S? What do I say about this guy who is not fond of both potatoes and cheese? Nevertheless he had his equal share 😀
Recipe: Stuffed Jacket Potatoes
- Medium Sized Potatoes – 3
- Grated Cheddar Cheese – 4 tbsp
- Sweet Corn – 2/3 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Capsicum – 2/3 tbsp
- Chili Flakes – 1.5 tsp
- Oregano Spice Mix – 2 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Olive Oil – 1 tsp
- Boil potatoes (with skin) with enough water until 3/4th done. Let them cool completely.
- Cut each potato in halves. Carefully scoop out the middle of the potato without breaking the skin, forming a small cup.
- Mash the scooped out potato, add sweetcorn and chopped capsicum.
- Add cheese, chili flakes and oregano spice mix. Add salt if required and mix thoroughly. The filling is now ready to be stuffed into the potato cups.
- Preheat oven at 180deg C for ten minutes. Make a mixture of olive oil and a generous pinch of salt.
- Apply the oil mixture all over the potato skin. Massaging the oil into the potato skin with hands helps much.
- Now carefully stuff the filling into the potato cups, pressing gently so that it doesnt ooze out.
- Bake the potatoes at 200deg C for 20-25 minutes until its golden on top and bottom.
- If you love cheese more than I do, add some more grated cheese over the potatoes before popping them into oven.
Tastes best hot-hot, I can vouch for that 🙂
It somehow feels like Monday today, being back at work after a midweek holiday. But weekend is only a day away yay!! There are number of things I had been cooking and I am planning to update my food blog pretty consistently these days. Hope there wouldnt be a break 🙂
So, how many potato and cheese lovers here? 😉