First things first – I cant say how much it meant to me to see each of you who commented on my previous post – trying to cheering me up, understanding the situation, consoling me and letting me think I am no abnormal – all this without judging me. I am sure, without this blog I would have sulked on the subject for days. Today, I am back to my normal self and that’s because of all your comments. Thanks! 🙂
It would take me some time to get well physically but as I am back in good mood already, I thought why not share some of my obsessions and of those things which can bring me instant happiness! People say its not a good idea to feel attached to the material possessions. But there are certain things I can never let go, whatever be the condition.
- Fresh vegetables invite me instantly. Even if my refrigerator is full with vegetables, I cant help myself to come empty handed if I see fresh vegetables. Greens attract me a lot – true to the name of “Green” Boochi 😆
- I am so obsessed with my hand bags. I cant keep out of the aisle in any shopping mall that stores the hand bags. Most of my hand bags that I own now are a gift from either S or my sister. These days, with withdrawal symptoms showing up on shopping as well, I am not very much into hand bag shopping. S is still trying his best to make me get one for the past 5-6 weeks 🙂 The most recent hand bag that I got is beige colored one – my sis got it for me 🙂
- I am crazy about nail colors too. I am not a huge fan of dark colors but anything that isn’t shiny, I love it 🙂 S brings me bottles every now and then, to see a huge huge smile on my face 🙂
- Cooking ware or kitchen stuff draws my immediate attention. I never thought, I will have this kind of an obsession but every time we go for shopping, S has a tough time pulling me out of those sections. Bake ware is my very latest obsession. I have enough baking dishes to start a renting shop 😛 Kidding! I have one per each shape (which itself makes it a big number) 😀
- I have a love hate relationship with both chocolates and ice cream. One day, I find myself craving for either of this and the next day, I wont notice if loads of them are in front of me.
- I love roses and rose plants. Every time I cross a nursery or a plant-seller, my eyes remain fixed. I try to push S into getting me some of the plants, which never materializes 😦 Thanks to our continuous weekend travel plans, the plants that I had got from a nursery last year have managed to kill themselves slowly 😦 😦 This has only made S’s point strong! Some day, I will own a little garden atleast.
- Pens and books are my favorite too. I love collecting pens (my collection is with dad right now). I dont write with those pens and the books remain unused too. But I love to have them.
- Bed spreads and pillow covers shopping is my very recent addiction. I choose all girly-girl colors like baby pink, cutesy flowers etc to which I expect an opposition from S, who doesnt even care 😛
- I have got around having much luck with the footwear. My skin is too sensitive for leather and I end up having big boils until I get accustomed to the shoes or slippers, which leaves me with no option but clinging on to my fav, comfortable pair of slippers all the time. Though I have matching- matching footwear and all, I can hardly use any of it 😦 One can see me wear the same slippers every single day, until they are torn to death. I have no option 😦
- I love window shopping so so much.
- Stationery items impress me too – pens and books are a part of it, but I love buying other small things for no particular reason.
- Needless to say, painting kits and drawing pencils along with charts and art materials draw my attention to the maximum possible. I am actually guilty of buying more than what is required. I still have an oil pastel set, fresh. Sketches, water colors, brushes – I love to at least look at them until I am dragged out of the place 😀
- I so love grocery shopping – it gives me a sense of satisfaction. I dont make a list, even if I make one – I will end up buying things that are not in it. So, I will just go about the store.. take a look at the items and slowly decide on my stuff.
- Earrings – I have two big dabbas full of them. I am not a huge fan of danglers. I love studs, that are big and colorful. Hoops are my fav too. I almost have a matching earring to every color dress I own. I so miss the days of going for just earring shopping. Most of my stuff is outdated by now. But I still love to cling to them 🙂
- Books – of any kind. If I dont find anything good , I would take up one of my school or college text books and read them 😛
- I love to plan for vacations. I spend my spare time looking at the various places that I wish to go and drawing plans about it. None of them get into action is another story though 😉
- Finally, cooking. I am really really obsessed with it. I cant let anyone mess up with my cooking. I would love some undivided, relaxing time with my old passion most of the times 🙂
I will better stop now! I know I can keep writing about the various other things that I love 😀
I am sure all of us have some kind of obsessions, what are yours?