Yayyy! Yayyy!! Yayyy!!! I have my first blog award.. 😀
The sweetest toffee of the blog world – kismitoffeebar had been so kind enough to nominate me for this award and say some good things about me & my blog 🙂 Kismi, I cant thank you enough for that (*getting a bit senti * :P) Kismi and I share many many commonalities -from having similar hero pen to omega geometry box to childhood scrap papers to old rupee notes to jack of all trades daddy to innocent but very sweet mommy and we even share similar memories on asymmetric mango drawings from the childhood 😀 I know from her blog that she loves any form of art work just like me. Her posts are so good, written beautifully but what takes the limelight is her Weekend Food Chronicles as we get to see all the great food she gets to cook n eat during the weekends.. 😛
Now, this award comes with a set of rules – as below
1. Create a new post. – Done
2. Thank the lovely person who nominated you for the award. – Done (Thanks again Kismi! 😀 )
3. Pass it on to your fellow bloggers.
4. State 7 random facts about you.
7 Random facts about me –
- I love cooking food – experimenting and trying out new things. I started cooking roughly when I was 10 years old and has been loving it ever since. Kitchen is my favorite place and I love to spend uninterrupted time in the kitchen. I hate it when my veggies are chopped by someone else or I can say I turn away any kind of help offered to me when I am cooking. Similarly, I dont let anyone else touch/modify my dish getting cooked. When the pressure is on, my cooking reaches new heights. 🙂
- I am fond of babies and surprisingly many of the babies I have seen, come and stick on to me at the first sight. 🙂 I find babies the cutest when they are crying 🙄 I have pinched my sister hard (in the childhood days) until she cried just because I found her cute that way! 😛
- I hate washing/folding clothes and I must admit that I have no idea how to wash clothes properly till date – Thank God for the washing machine, otherwise I wouldn’t bother to wash at all. During the years I stayed as paying guest in B’lore, I used to carry back loads and loads of clothes for mom to wash them for me. When there is an absolute need for me to wash the clothes, all I can do is dip them in a bucket of water, brush some soap unevenly, rinse and put out to dry.
- I am not a bath person – Every day, I spend only 5 mins to shower at the maximum. Sometimes when I have to rush up, I can even call it off in 2 mins or less. Mom and S compare my bathing to that of a crow!! hmpf! Hair baths are a pain to me as I hate to spend more than 5 mins in the bathroom 😛
- I am a wished-for-it-so-want-it-right-now kind of person. Once I start thinking of something (that I want) I would start dwelling on it, analyzing everything about it in & out ending up craving for it until I have it fulfilled. Sometimes, its too straining. I cant jump into conclusion – I would be analyzing so much before zeroing on the desired choice and would want to immediately implement it. Even after accomplishing what had been in my mind, I would be clogged on with the thoughts of it. As a child, I never let go of my things (that I had demanded for like NOW!!) even in my sleep holding them so tightly 😛 I remember the first kitty purse, piggy bank, bangles etc being held firmly even in my sleep.
- My love for nail polishes cant be explained in words. As kid I only had access to the red/maroon color nail polish dad used to buy for us (kept saved high on the almirah). During my teenage, I would demand 2-3 colors of nail polishes from dad at the same time much to the irritation of mom. I didnt grow or shape my nails then. They looked pretty ugly but I loved to paint them. I was the only one from my class who would change the color of my nail paint every day 🙄 Once my physics teacher advised me how its not good for my nails and I argued with her so much so she thought I was useless 😛 Today I have dozens of nail polishes, thanks to hubby who reminds me to get a new one even if I forget. Only worry is that I dont find time to put them on. 😐
- I love singing and I do sing but the problem is I cant remember or get the lyrics right even after hearing the song for 100 times. My sister and S would correct me every time I sing something wrong, I think I drive them crazy with this act of mine 🙂
- I wash my hands multiple times a day.There is no specific reason behind the act, but a general fear that my hands are dirty.In the public places, I use hand sanitizer more often.. 😦 Its not so obsessive right now but looks like I am in the verge of getting Germophobia – fear of germs which is marked by repetitive hand washing 😦
- I can easily say a lie and feel no guilty about it. In most of the cases, its used to make a person happy or give a surprise! My lies are not big ones or to cheat anyone. I just play around with my family 🙄 Like I used to tell my mom I would have to go to college when I dont have to.. and she would try waking me up multiple times the next morning and when she learns the truth, her expression would be priceless 😆 There are many such incidents. Many a times daddy or sister would be my partner in crime 😛
I have gone over board by sharing 2 additional facts, I hope Kismi wouldn’t be strict with the award rules 🙂
Now my nominees for the award –
My Era – for inspiring souls like me with immense strength, positive attitude, determination, cooking skills and kind words. I love Pari and her stories so much. Her posts on twisting changes of her life would show anyone how composed, confident, determinant and positive minded My Era is. Her recipe posts are so so drool worthy 😀
Nibedita – for all the cute posts about Mishti, poetry from her old diary, thought provoking posts on social issues.
Lifesong – for all the wonderful artsy crafty posts, beautiful Wordless Wednesday posts and cute posts on Cheebu.
This postand the award wasn’t that easy as I thought it be! but I am done 😀 I am not going to inform my nominees, let them find out when they come here and get surprised 😀